I missed yesterday's blog due to real life taking up all my time. So today shall be a inbetweener (you can laugh now). I have been seeing alot of poetry floating around the web, it almost feels like a tumblr takeover. Me personally I like descriptive poetry that has to do with resilience and self-empowerment. The issues of loss, moving on, bad romance, loneliness and hope and coping with those things appeals very much to me as a person. What bothers me is the quality of the literature that we consume daily and that we take at face value. Its all condensed and opinionated, usually leaning towards perpetual victimhood. I can understand the beginning of a book or a poetry compilation dealing with the negative or morose but I need alittle conflict resolution. Real life doesn't have enough of it, seems the world is constantly about to spin out of axis accordingly to everyone. When I frame my work with words I always want to inspire the same way other writers or artist inspired me. We need a little light in this darkness. Some good reads below.
- The Count of Monte Cristo, by Alexander Dumas
- John Carter of Mars series by Edgar Rice Burroughs
- Last Night I Sang to the Monster by Benjamin Alire Sáenz
- The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho
- The Picture of Dorian Grey by Oscar Wilde
- The Complete Works of Lord Byron